Saturday, November 17, 2012
- At approximately 1:20pm, police responded to a residential burglary alarm in the 400 block of East Sierra Madre Boulevard. It was discovered that unknown suspect(s) had entered the residence by removing a bedroom screen and climbing in through an unlocked window. Nothing inside was disturbed and it appeared that the suspect may have left quickly when the audible alarm activated. Physical evidence was collected from the scene.
- During the afternoon, unknown suspect(s) entered a residence in the 500 block of North Hermosa Avenue by smashing the glass portion of a rear kitchen door. Once inside, the suspect(s) ransacked much of the residence and removed property. Neighbors reported seeing a white delivery type truck parked on Carter Avenue just east of Hermosa Avenue during the mid-afternoon. The witnesses did not recall seeing any markings or logos on the truck.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
- Officers served felony arrest warrants for Arson and Insurance Fraud on Michael and Suanne Ellis. After a long investigation, the District Attorney had filed the felony counts in response to an incident that occurred in October, 2011. It is alleged that the parties started a fire at their residence in the 200 block of West Mariposa Avenue and then collected money from their insurance company for the damages.
- At 2am, an officer observed a vehicle driving erratically on Santa Anita Avenue and initiated a traffic stop. During the investigation, the officer determined that the driver had been drinking and was not able to safely operate the vehicle. The driver (male, 21 years of age) was arrested for DUI.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
- At 2am a vehicle was observed speeding in the area of Baldwin Avenue and Orange Grove Avenue. The officer initiated a traffic stop and determined that the driver had been drinking. The driver (male, 25 years of age) failed to perform the Field Sobriety tests and was arrested for DUI.