Five informational community meetings have been scheduled to talk about the upcoming Water & Sewer rate study. This is in preparation for the City Council’s consideration of new water and sewer rates in September and October 2013. Each of the five community meetings will cover a different topic.
The meeting dates, times and locations are:
- August 14 @ 6:30 pm – City Hall Council Chambers, 232 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. – Water and Sewer Department’s Budget, Finances, and Bond Debt
- August 26 @ 6:30 pm – Sierra Madre Room, 611 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. – “State of System” – Capital and Long Term Master Plan, Sewer & Water System Needs
- September 14 (Saturday) @ 9:00 am – Maintenance Yard, 621 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. – Water System “How the water gets to your tap.” (This tour will involve walking on unpaved and uneven surfaces.)
- September 30 @ 6:30 pm – City Hall Council Chambers, 232 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. – Preview of the Water & Sewer Rate Study
- October 10 @ 6:30 – City Hall Council Chambers, 232 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. – Conclusion and highlights from all previous meetings
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Sierra Madre, Department of Public Works at 626-355-7135.