Posted 1/7/12 – Click here for the Complete Agenda for January 10, 2012
This week’s City Council meeting will start in closed session to discuss pending litigation in the cases of Murphy vs. City of Sierra Madre and Does (Case No. GC047726) and Donald Sipple, et al vs. City of Alameda, et al. (Case No. BC462270).
There will be a presentation by a representative of the Air Quality Management District (AQMD).
a) City Council will be asked to approve Resolution No. 12-009 for approval of payment of City Warrants in aggregate amount of $86,203.39; Sierra Madre Library warrants in the aggregate amount of $1,516.07 and Payroll Transfer in the aggregate amount of $329,552.32 for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
b) City Council will be asked to approve the $3,184.50 addition to the revolving note for the demands paid by the City on behalf of the Community Redevelopment Agency.
c) City Council will be asked to approve Resolution No. 12-008 for ratification of payment of City Warrants in aggregate amount of $414,956.14; Sierra Madre Library warrants in the aggregate amount of $3,897.84 and Payroll Transfer in the aggregate amount of $371,000.31 for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
d) City Council will be asked to approve Resolution No. 12-03, Adoption of the City of Sierra Madre Classification Plan.
e) City Council will be asked to adopt Resolution No. 12-02, Establishing an Arts Advisory Committee to the Community Services Commission.
f) City Council is asked to accept funds under the 2008 State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP) and authorize the Acting Chief of Police to execute all the related documents and to purchase 5 Motorola radios.
g) Staff recommends that the City Council approve the acquisition and purchase of furniture and shelving from Yamada Enterprises for a cost of $42,413.25, all of which will be funded by monies from the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library.
h) City Council is being asked to direct staff to file a Notice of Completion on the remodel of the Hart Park House Senior Center.
i) Staff is recommending that the City Council direct staff to file a Notice of Completion for the water main replacement of East Sierra Madre Blvd.
2. PUBLIC HEARING – RESOLUTION NO. 12-04, A Resolution Of The City Council Establishing City Of Sierra Madre Community Facilities District No. 1 (Stonegate Drainage) Pursuant To The Mello-Roos Community Facilities Act Of 1982 And Calling A Special Election In Connection With Said District; Resolution No. 12-05, A Resolution Of The City Council Declaring The Results Of An Election In City Of Sierra Madre Communty Facilities District No. 1 (Stonegate Drainage); And Ordinance No. 1327, An Ordinance Levying A Special Tax In City Of Sierra Madre Community Facilities District No. 1 Stonegate Drainage)
3. PUBLIC HEARING – Appeal Of Planning Commission Decision Denying A Request For A Conditional Use Permit To Allow Construction Of A Two-Story, 5,824 Square-Foot, Single- Family Residence On Property Located At 756 Auburn Avenue
4. PUBLIC HEARING – Public Hearing And First Reading Of Ordinance No. 1322, An Ordinance Amending Chapter 13.24 Of The Sierra Madre Municipal Code Regarding Updating The City’s Mandatory Water Conservation Ordinance
5. DISCUSSION – Consideration Of Appointment To The Community Services Commission – Youth Member
6. DISCUSSION – Appointments To The Utility Users Tax Oversight Committee
7. DISCUSSION – Consideration Of Arguments Regarding A Measure To Amend The Existing Utility Users Tax Ordinance And Accompanying Advisory Measure On The Ballot For The April 10, 2012 Municipal Election
8. DISCUSSION – Consideration Of The City Council Assuming Successor Agency Responsibility For Discontinuation Of The Community Redevelopment Agency And Resolution No. 12-07
9. DISCUSSION – Strategic Plan From September 20, 2011, Retreat Update