Sierra Madre Police Department Police Blotter Report, October 15 – 21, 2012

Sierra Madre Police Dept. logoPosted 10/22/12 – Sierra Madre Police Department Police Blotter Report, October 15 – 21, 2012

Monday, October 15, 2012

At 1:26 am, a passerby reported seeing a utility truck parked in the 500 block of Manzanita Avenue leaking fuel. Police and Fire personnel responded and found that the unattended truck had leaked several gallons of fuel in the roadway causing a public hazard. Fire personnel used an absorbent material on the spilled fuel to assist with the cleanup. The truck was subsequently towed away due to the hazard it posed to the public.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

At 3:51 pm, a resident reported that the “Marlborough Terrace” sign is missing and is believed to have been stolen. The sign was attached to the rock wall on the northeast corner of Churchill Road and Mountain Trail Avenue. The sign appears to have been missing for approximately three weeks. It’s believed to have been taken on the 28th or 29th of September 2012. The hand carved wooden sign, valued at approximately $1,000.00, marked the entrance to the upper canyon area.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

At 12:56 am, officers responded to the 100 block of West Sierra Madre Boulevard regarding a battery that had just occurred at a local bar. Officers arrived and determined that a verbal argument ensued after a drink was accidentally spilled on a patron. After the argument ended an uninvolved female punched the female victim in the face causing her nose to bleed. The female suspect left the scene prior to police arrival. Officers conducted an investigation and identified the suspect, but the victim refused to file charges and prosecute the suspect.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

At 12:57 am, officers responded to Kersting Court regarding a petty theft. The suspect reportedly took a glass mug filled with alcohol from an outdoor tabletop of the local restaurant. Officers conducted an area check for the suspect and found the 25 year old male suspect walking eastbound on Laurel Avenue from Baldwin Avenue with a group of friends still holding the stolen glass mug in his hand. The suspect was un-cooperative with officers and found to be so intoxicated that he was unable to care for himself. The suspect was arrested and transported to Pasadena PD jail for remand.