Press Release posted 9/10/13 – It’s once again that time of year when the golf clubs are pulled out, the tennis racquets are restrung, and the day ends with some beer and brats! The City of Sierra Madre’s 9th Annual Oktoberfest Golf and Tennis Tournament fundraiser is right around the corner, and promises to be the best one yet. This year, the golf tournament will feature 3 hole-in-one mega prize holes with the opportunity to win a car, cash, or dream vacation! After the tournaments, come to our Oktoberfest Luncheon where you can win great prizes in our opportunity raffle, eat a wonderful meal provided by Matt Denny’s and have a beer specially brewed by Congregation Ale House.
- 4 Man Teams (if you register individually we will place you on a team)
- Team Price $304.00; Single $84.00 (all registered receive range balls, goodie bag and lunch)
- Best Ball Format; Trophies for top team
- Mulligans available for purchase
- Longest Drive Hole, Closest to the Pin, 3 Mega-Prize Hole in One Holes
- Round Robin Format, rotating partners, 2 divisions: beginner and intermediate
- Entry $62.00 (all registered receive goodie bag and lunch)
- Trophies for 1st and 2nd in each division
- Serving Contest for prizes provided by Racquets Rackets
The Oktoberfest fundraiser supports youth and teen services in the City of Sierra Madre. The Youth Activity Center, facilitated by the YMCA, provides a much needed place for teens and youth in our community to hang out and socialize. Through the YMCA youth are offered a wide variety of activities and amenities, such as an educational speaker series, homework tutors, visual art classes, gardening, leadership roles with the elementary YMCA program and volunteer opportunities.
To register visit www.cityofsierramadre.com/onlineregistration, key word: “Oktoberfest”.
Register in person at the Community Recreation Center, 611 E Sierra Madre Blvd, Mon-Thurs 11:00-5:30. For more information, or to be a sponsor for this event, please call (626) 355-5278.