Posted 3/1/15 – Thank you to the Kiwanis Club of Sierra Madre for sponsoring the recent PUSD School Board candidate forum, and thank you to Village Vine Online for providing videotaped coverage of the event. The audio for those asking questions was not the best, so we have to rely on the questions that Village Vine used to make the links, but the microphones on the candidates themselves were good enough to hear and understand what they are saying. Who is the best candidate? I believe if you watch the videos, they speak for themselves.
- Moderator Opening Comments and Ground Rules and Larry Torres Opening Comments
- Opening Comments – Sandra Siraganian
Questions to the Candidates
- Sandra Siraganian, what are your qualifications?
- Larry Torres, what are your qualifications?
- What are your qualifications to serve on the PUSD Board?
- How will you address RSP services at PUSD high schools?
- Does being endorsed by the teacher’s union create a conflict of interest if you were to be elected?
- What is your vision of PUSD and Sierra Madre’s Role?
- How will you protect Sierra Madre’s students and family’s interests once elected?
- What is the biggest issue facing PUSD and how would you address it?
- What specific ideas do you have to address funding challenges at the district level?
- Why are other districts able to do more with their funding?
- What is the construction status of Sierra Madre Middle School?
- How important is City Council Collaboration with the School Board?